FOUNDATIONS OF VOICE-OVER
1 class / week, 4 weeks
Instructors: Nicole Oliver, Michael Adamthwaite & Sarah Edmondson
On The Mic’s Foundations Program allow students who are completely new to voice-over
to learn the basics. They will be introduced to the three main areas of voice-over, commercials,
animation and narration. Through their experience of the class, they will discover where their strengths
and interests lie and receive support in setting up the next steps for their voice-over career.
- Work in a professional studio, with industry-standard equipment
- Become familiar with mic technique, studio etiquette and industry terminology
- Explore your vocal range, in terms of characters and age
- Achieve clarity, diction, and pronunciation of speech
- Learn how to break down a voice-over script
- Receive direction on your reads and apply it to the next take.
- Discuss basic business elements such as voice over agents and demos.
- Receive all of your recorded work on an mp3 at the end of the 4-week session
There is pre-registration available for this class. Registration guarantees cancelation waitlist priority for an earlier month.
APR/MAY SOLD OUT - BOOKING FOR JUNE
Next session AVAIL: Monday JUN 5, 12, 19, 26 2017 6:30pm-10pm
Cost: $499 + GST
Location: OTM Studios, 101 Powell St., Vancouver, BC, V6A 1G2
***For Payment, click on Dropdown menu below and scroll to appropriate entry***:
** Please make sure that the email you use to register with on Paypal is one that you check often. You are officially registered in the class once you receive an email confirming your deposit. Please look for this confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes it will land in your junk mail folder.