KIDS & TEENS WORKSHOP
Kids & Teens Weekend Workshop (LEVEL 1, LEVEL 2)
Level 1 is for beginners and intermediate students
Level 2 is for returning students and/or professionals
Kids and teens are booking an increasing number of voice-over roles each year. On The Mic Training's Kids & Teens Class is
designed for young performers aged 9-17 and covers the fundamentals of commercial and animation voice-over. Students learn industry expectations and are guided through many scripts and exercises to give them the tools to book the role.
They will learn the process of how a script evolves from words on a page into the characters they see on their favourite cartoons or hear on their favourite commercials on television and the radio. There will also be discussions about the opportunities available to kids & teens in the current voice-over industry, and what is expected from them at auditions and on the job.
- Work in a professional studio, with industry-standard equipment
- Become familiar with mic technique, studio etiquette and industry terminology
- Learn how to play a scene and make it believable.
- Achieve clarity, diction and pronunciation of speech
- Learn how to break down a voice-over script
- Receive direction on your reads & apply it to the next take
- Discuss basic business elements such as voice over agents and demos
- Receive all of your recorded work on an mp3 at the end of the class.
Next Session: TBA
Cost $249 + GST
Location: OTM Studios, 101 Powell St. Vancouver, BC V6A 1G2
***For Payment, click on Dropdown menu below and scroll to appropriate entry***:
** Please make sure that the email you use to register with on Paypal is one that you check often. You are officially registered in the class once you receive an email confirming your deposit. Please look for this confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Sometimes it will land in your junk mail folder.