Commercial Level 1
Commercial Level 1
Commercial Process - Level 1
Cost: $525 + GST (2 payments of $262.50 + GST)
Class Hours: 1 class/week, 14 hours instruction, 6:30 - 10 pm
Instructors: Adrian Petriw or Rhona Rees
Class Description: The main focus of this class is the development of your announcer and character reads for radio and television commercials. The goal of this class is to give you an idea of your competitive range for high end work. And identify the styles that come easy to you, and the ones you will need to work on to compete for work in both the local and online markets.
Sundays August 11, 18, 25, September 1. 6:30 - 10 pm 2019 (Two Spots Left)
Mondays October 7, 14, 21, 28. 6:30 - 10 pm 2019 (Open Spots)
[Commercial Process - Level 1] does not require approval by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB). As such. The registrar did not review this program.
- Work in a professional studio, with industry-standard equipment
- Increase your ability to take direction and adjust your reads accordingly.
- Adjust your style of read depending on the tone of the project.
- Get comfortable bringing your unique personality to your work.
- Practice tuning your ear to create consistency in your performance.
- Become familiar with the audition process by doing mock auditions.
- Fine-tune your ability to break down a voice-over script.
- Expand your vocal range with challenging characters and unique styles of reads.
- Learn how to bring believability and different levels of emotionality to the work.
- Participate in in-depth discussion on business elements such as voice-over agents, demos, and online voice casting services.
- Learn the key elements to putting together a competitive voice-over demo.
- Receive all of your recorded work on an mp3 at the end of each 4-week session.