Film to VO
Cost: $262.50 + GST
Class Hours: 1 class, 7 hours of instruction, 10 am - 5:30 pm
Instructor: Peter New and Michael Adamthwaite
Class Description: A one day workshop for PLAY Management clients who are looking to learn more about bringing their film and TV skills into Voice-over.
- MIC TECHNIQUE and it’s potential - speech issues such as popping “p’s and d’s” and dry mouth, as well as distance from the mic and the effects that has on voice quality and vocal engagement
- PHYSICALITY - how to move your body - the limits and boundlessness of what you can do with your body to communicate meaning
- AUTHENTICITY – real version of yourself (values and fight for)
- CHARACTER - how to create characters on mic using what you know from film and then adding elements
- INDUSTRY - potential of voice work in the industry - what’s out there to be had, both in commercial and corporate narration as well as animation
- EXPECTATIONS - What directors in voice-over expect
July 20th 10 am - 5:30 pm
July 21st 10 am - 5:30 pm
Email Harrison if you would like more information.